Lake water contains salinity, total suspended solids, organic matter, algae, content, that is not suitable for the industrial service as: irrigation, or to feed steam boilers.
Here follows, an example of a flow scheme treatment that PSC Srl Engineering & Contracting can design:
- Chemical disinfection to reduce the bacteria content and chemically oxidise some organics by Chlorine Injection.
- Self cleaning filters that remove the coarse suspended solid particles
- Microfiltration membranes to separate the fine and colloidal particles (for drinking water)
- Organic IX resin scavenger to reduce the organics content and protect the next process against the fouling
- IX resin demineralization to remove totally the dissolved salinity from the water (in order to get demi water)
- Mixed bed to achieve the strict to feed steam boilers (medium and high pressure condition)
The treated water will be used for drinking, for irrigation and other industrial services.